Sunday, February 4, 2007

Sunday's tasks

Since we are a little ahead of our modified work schedule, today is the day for some housekeeping. We will get our large concrete anchors into the system and in place on the gold line and at the start of the shallow east and west jumps (Jump 29 and 30). Have still photography of the main water pump found at 34 metres, planned and will try to extend the gold line to our target depth of 60 metres. And finally, a team will follow line already in tunnel 30 jump to the spool and extend it to the end of the 300 metres of line it carries. (Original team encountered a blocked passage and poor vis on initial push.)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing this expedition!To be able to vicariously experience the dives is wonderful.The visual recording of events is no small feat I can imagine but recording the historic and technical aspect of these dives is essential.Nicely done.

The excellent team and organization has already allowed success beyond your planning and I am sure this will continue.Safe diving to you all.


Maybe after you complete the monumental task of creating a mine diver outline,you can work with David and others to create a Canadian cave diving course in our conditions !

Anonymous said...

I have been following the blog everday. Having been to the site and walked a dry mine channel. I find the pictures exciting and I can imagine how it must feel to see the artifacts as you lay the lines.The water is so clear for the the most part it's hard at times to remember this is a water photo. For those of us who are not cave divers or "mine divers" we feel and see through your blog and written experiences.

Congratulations to Deb and Rick Stanley for not giving up and hopefully creating a new tourist adventure for NFLD!

Corey Ford said...

I have been reading your blog daily and hoping for your success. I read tonight on the VOCM website that tragedy has struck your team. As a diver I feel a connection, I know the inherent risk involved in diving and especially when undertaking an expedition such as this one. I wish to convey my deepest sympathy to the team and to his family. Take Care.